How do I find a homeopath
The Society of Homeopaths
can send you a list of registered
homeopaths near your home,
and answer any additional questions.
0845 450 6611
Contact The British
Other useful contacts
Bristol Homeopathic Hospital
Royal London Homoeopathic
What is Homeopathy?
- A 200-year-old holistic system of therapeutic healing, which is based on the idea that â€˜like treats likeâ€™. Symptoms are treated with a minute dose of a substance that, in large doses, would cause similar symptoms in a healthy person.
- The active ingredients are given in a highly diluted form to avoid toxicity.
- According to the Homeopathic Medical Association UK, the most effective remedy is one which matches the physical symptoms, the mental and emotional symptoms, and the general sensitivities of the person.
- Remedies are discovered through a standard procedure called a â€˜provingâ€™, where a substance is tested on a group of volunteers.
What are the consultations like?
- The patient is treated holistically, with detailed history-taking, examination and investigation. It is a gentle, non-invasive environment, and the information is treated as confidential.
- Prescribing is based on all aspects of the condition and the patientâ€™s personality and lifestyle.
- The remedy may be given in a tablet, pillule, powder or liquid.
- As in most other therapies, the number of appointments and remedies varies for each patient according to their condition and its severity.
- The speed of recovery varies according to the nature and history of the illness being treated.
Is it safe?
- Because the remedies are highly dilute, they are gentle. Healing begins from within your body, strengthening your Immune System and health, without danger of damaging side effects.
- Homeopathy is considered suitable for allages, and even during pregnancy.
- Remedies are considered safe alongside conventional treatment and medicines.
|< Prev||Next >|